This is a solid approach to meet your goals in a healthy, fun and timely fashion. To create a lifestyle change, you must make it a habit. Avoid binge food purchases or rewards, and stick to your plan. Your body and health are a long term investment. Give it the respect and time it deserves.
1. DON’T TRY TO CHANGE EVERYTHING AT ONCE – LIFESTYLE CHANGES TAKE TIME
- SET TWO OR THREE GOALS TO START.
- EACH WEEK REVIEW HOW YOU HAVE DONE AND EVALUATE THE AREAS THAT NEED IMPROVEMENT.
- AFTER TWO TO THREE WEEKS OF A CONSISTENT CHANGE, YOU HAVE MADE IT A HABIT AND YOU CAN BEGIN TO ADD ON TO YOUR GOALS.
2. SET “SMART” GOALS
Instead of I’m going to lose weight try: In the next three weeks I will lose 2 pounds
3. MAKE EXERCISE PART OF YOUR DAILY ROUTINE
- ACTIVITY SHOULD BE FUN AND THINGS YOU ENJOY
- YOU DON’T NEED TO GO TO A GYM OR HAVE SPECIAL EQUIPMENT – WALKING IS GREAT
- EVEN HOUSEHOLD CHORES COUNT AS ACTIVITY – VACUUMING, DUSTING, RAKING LEAVES, WASHING THE CAR, SHOVELING SNOW
- SHOOT FOR AN HOUR OF EXERCISE A DAY (YOU MAY NEED TO BUILD UP TO IT)
4. WHEN GROCERY…
View original post 149 more words