The visually stunning presentation of this Acorn squash dish, mixed with the healthy goodness of added carbs and protein, make this a nutritious addition to your holiday meal.
THREE SISTER’S SQUASH
The sisters in this recipe are the native American staples beans, corn and squash, which together offer a delicious main course for vegan diners.
- 2cloves garlic, minced divided
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 2acorn squash
- 1cup red onion, diced
- 2 serrano chiles, minced
- 1 (15 oz)can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2cups corn kernels
- 2cups broccoli florets, diced
- 1 ½cups cooked wild or brown rice or quinoa(optional)
- ½cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Put olive oil and minced garlic in a small bowl, set aside.
- Remove stem from squashes, and cut each in half, from top to bottom. Scoop out seeds and discard,
- Brush inside of each squash with the garlic oil, place flesh side up on a microwavable plate, cover with waxed paper and…
View original post 119 more words