Got any plans for the weekend? How about a date?
These little morsels can definitely change things up.
By Daily Health Post February 23, 2015
Date fruits have a long history of cultivation for their health benefits, as well as for their sweet taste.
But today we have the advantage of knowing the exact nutritional content and health benefits of dates – and fresh or dried, there are plenty of health benefits to this small fruit.
They’re rich in fibre, potassium, and copper, and on top of that they taste great, too.
The following nutritional data is based on a 100 gram serving of dates.
- Fibre: 6.7 grams or 27% of recommended daily allowance
- Potassium: 696 milligrams or 20% of recommended daily allowance
- Copper: 0.4 milligrams or 18% of recommended daily allowance
- Manganese: 0.3 milligrams or 15% of recommended daily allowance
- Magnesium: 54 milligrams or 14% of recommended daily allowance
- Vitamin B6: 0.2 milligrams or 12% of recommended daily allowance
While they’re also high in sugar…
View original post 389 more words